What is the IEP or CEP SE?
IEP SE is a JBI 1.0 compliant Service Engine and is developed within the Open ESB community. IEP stands for Intelligent Event Processor or Complex Event Processor and SE stands for Service Engine. IEP SE is an open source Complex Event Processing (CEP) and Event Stream Processing (ESP) engine. When you download Open ESB, you get all the required tools as well as IEP SE. These tools, along with IEP SE, enable SOA and Event-Driven Architectures.
The IEP SE can send and receive events from all the external systems that Open ESB supports. The events generated by the components of the Open ESB together with, any external events can be viewed as a cloud or a streams of events. The IEP SE can analyze both types of events. IEP uses Continuous Query Language (CQL) and a rich set of operators to analyze the events.
Using the IEP SE
Please refer to the IEP SE Application Developer page for information on how to use IEP. Here you will find tutorials, user guides, how-tos, and other useful resources.
- Supports Complex Event Processing (CEP)
- Supports Event Stream Processing (ESP)
- Supports Continuous Query Language (CQL)
- Rich set of built in operators to do event processing. Supports aggregation, filtering, partitioning, and correlation.
- Rich GUI tools to create event processes
- Analyzes messages from clouds and streams
- Connectivity with all the external systems supported by the Open ESB SOA Suite
- Part of the Open ESB SOA Suite
- Can be run using Oracle, MySql (development in progress) or Derby (bundled with Open ESB tools) database
The following are useful resources for Complex Event Processing (CEP) and Event Stream Processing (ESP).
- IEP and Complex Event Processing FAQs
- Stanford Stream Data Manager
- Complex Event Processing (CEP) (applications, products, research, developments) Professor David Luckham posts many articles on CEP at this web site
- CEP web site at Stanford
System requirements and dependencies
No special requirements
Evolution of the IEP SE
What is new?
- The latest version of IEP SE supports clustering (GlassFish ESB v2.1).
- Support for MySql is coming shortly
- Bing Lu (Yanbing.Lu@Sun.COM)
- Prashant Bhagat (Prashant.Bhagat@Sun.COM)
Developing the IEP SE
IEP SE Source Code
IEP SE source code can be accessed from the open-jbi-components project java.net repository under open-jbi-components/ojc-core/iepse.