What is the File BC?
File BC provides a comprehensive solution as a transport to interact with the file system within a JBI environment.
Looking at what File BC does at a very high level: On the server side, File BC polls for inbound messages, stored in file(s), in a specified directory. On the client side, File BC puts messages into file(s) in a designated directory.
The design time component of File BC is a Netbeans module that provides plug-in to NetBean’s project system and thus defines how File binding can be used. The runtime component implements all required component interfaces in JBI specification and provides the functionality to act as a proxy to services enabled using the file protocol.
Using the File BC
- Using the File Binding Component (Guide)
- Working With the File Binding Component (Tutorial)
- Video Presentation: Operation with In/Out Messages of complex type. This video demonstrates how to define request-response operations using FILE BC and FTP BC with In/Out messages for FILE service and FTP service having complex type defined by a XSD – Greeting.xsd
- User Guide
- Dynamic Binding Using NM Properties
- Using File Binding in Glassfish ESB v3 – this write up shows how to compose an v3 Integration Application with IFL and File/FTP services using IDE tooling and webui as well.
- As a service provider: writes messages as files
- As a service consumer: polls a directory, converts files found into messages, and delivers them to the specified service provider
- And More
- IN-ONLY, IN & OUT and OUT-ONLY Message Exchange
- Inbound Periodical(Configurable) Polling
- On-Demand Read
- NM Properties (Normalized Message Properties)
- Clustering Aware
- File Name Pattern and Regular Expression as Inbound File Name Spec
- File Name Pattern as Outbound File Name Spec
- Recursive Polling with Regular Expression Based Exclude Mechanism (Glassfish ESB v2.2)
- Recursive On-Demand Read with Regular Expression Based Exclude Mechanism (Glassfish ESB v2.2)
- Application Variables
- Application Configuration
- Message Exchange redelivery capability
- Inbound Message Exchange Recovery (at least once inbound delivery)
- Inbound Throttling to Control Message In-Flow
- Multiple Endpoints to poll the same directory
- Polling and Writing multiple records per file
- Staging, Archiving and Error Handling files
- Binary attachment support
System requirements and dependencies
No special requirements
Evolution of the File BC
What is new?
Developers working on the File BC:
- Sherry Weng
- Jim Fuqian
Developing the File BC
- File WSDL Extensibility Elements Reference
- File Binding Component Clustering Support – Implementation
- File Handling protocol (coming soon)
File BC Source Code